Terms & Conditions
By Using My Site You Accept These Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions were last updated on 08.06.2021
Your agreement to comply with these Terms and Conditions is indicated by your use of My Site. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you must stop using My Site immediately.
The following documents also apply to your use of My Site:
- Definitions and Interpretation
- In these Terms and Conditions, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions have the following meanings:
means any and all text, images, audio, video, scripts, code, software, databases, and any other form of information capable of being stored on a computer that appears on, or forms part of, My Site; and
Means Lucas Stewart.
- Information About Us
- This Site is owned and operated by Lucas Stewart.
- How to Contact Me
To contact Me, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Access to Our Site
- Access to My Site is free of charge.
- It is your responsibility to make the arrangements necessary in order to access Our Site.
- Access to My Site is provided on an “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We may suspend or discontinue My Site (or any part of it) at any time. I do not guarantee that My Site will always be available or that access to it will be uninterrupted.
- Changes to Our Site
We may alter and update Our Site (or any part of it) at any time [<<insert brief description of potential reasons for changes>>]. [If We make any [significant] alterations to Our Site (or any part of it), We will try to give you reasonable notice of the alterations.]
- Changes to these Terms and Conditions
- I may alter these Terms and Conditions at any time. If I do so, details of the changes will be highlighted at the top of this page. As explained above, your use of My Site constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Consequently, any changes made to these Terms and Conditions will apply to your use of My Site the first time you use it after the changes have been implemented. You are therefore advised to check this page every time you use My Site.
- If any part of the current version of these Terms and Conditions conflicts with any previous version(s), the current version shall prevail unless I explicitly state otherwise.
- How You May Use My Site and Content (Intellectual Property Rights)
- All Content included on My Site and the copyright and other intellectual property rights in that Content belongs to or has been licensed by Me, unless specifically labelled otherwise. All Content is protected by applicable United Kingdom and international intellectual property laws and treaties.
- You may access, view, and use My Site in a web browser (including any web browsing capability built into other types of software or app) and you may download My Site (or any part of it) for caching (this usually occurs automatically).
- You may print copies and download extracts of any page(s) from My Site for personal use.
- My status as the owner and author of the Content on My Site (or that of identified licensors, as applicable) must always be acknowledged.
- You may not use any Content from My Site for commercial purposes without first obtaining a licence from Me (or My licensors, as applicable).
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits or excludes the provisions of Chapter III of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988, ‘Acts Permitted in Relation to Copyright Works’, which provides exceptions allowing certain uses of copyright material including (but not limited to) non-commercial research and private study; text and data mining for non-commercial research; criticism, review, and reporting current events; teaching; accessibility; time-shifting; and parody, caricature, and pastiche. Further information is available from the UK Intellectual Property Office.
- Links to Our Site
- You may link to any page on My Site
- Links to My Site must be fair and lawful. You must not take unfair advantage of My reputation or attempt to damage My reputation.
- You must not link to My Site in a manner that suggests any association with Me (where there is none) or any endorsement or approval from Me (where there is none).
- Your link should not use any logos or trade marks displayed on My Site without My express written permission.
- You may not link to My Site from another website the main content of which is unlawful; obscene; offensive; inappropriate; dishonest; defamatory; threatening; racist, sexist, or otherwise discriminatory; that promotes violence, racial hatred, or terrorism; that infringes intellectual property rights; or that I deem to be otherwise objectionable.
- Links to Other Sites
- Links to other websites may be included on My Site. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under My control. We accept no responsibility or liability for the content of third-party websites.
- The inclusion of a link to another website on My Site is for information purposes only and does not imply any endorsement of that website or of its owners, operators, or any other parties involved with it.
- Nothing on My Site constitutes professional advice on which you should rely. It is provided for general information purposes only.
- I make reasonable efforts to ensure that the Content on My Site is complete, accurate, and up to date, but I make no warranties, representations, or guarantees (express or implied) that this will always be the case.
- Our Liability
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or restricts M liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, for death or personal injury resulting from negligence, or for any other forms of liability which cannot be lawfully excluded or restricted.
- If you are a business user (i.e. you are using My Site in the course of business or for commercial purposes), to the fullest extent permissible by law, I accept no liability for any loss or damage, whether foreseeable or otherwise, in contract, tort (including negligence), for breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with the use of (or inability to use) My Site or the use of or reliance upon any Content included on My Site.
- If you are a business user, I accept no liability for loss of profit, sales, business, or revenue; loss of business opportunity, goodwill, or reputation; loss of anticipated savings; business interruption; or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- My Site is intended for non-commercial use only. If you are a consumer, you agree that you will not use My Site for any commercial or business purposes and that I shall have no liability to you for any business losses as set out above.
- If you are a consumer and digital content from My Site damages other digital content or a device belonging to you, where that damage is caused by My failure to use reasonable skill and care, I will either compensate you or repair the damage.
- Note that the right to compensation or repair in Part 11.5 will be lost if the damage in question could have been avoided by following advice or instructions from Me to install a free patch or update; if the damage resulted from your failure to follow instructions; or if the minimum system requirements provided by Me for the digital content in question were not met.
- Viruses, Malware, and Security
- I exercise reasonable skill and care to ensure that My Site is secure and free from viruses and malware; however, I do not guarantee that this is the case.
- You are responsible for protecting your hardware, software, data, and other material from viruses, malware, and other internet security risks.
- You must not deliberately introduce viruses or other malware, or any other material which is malicious or technologically harmful either to or via My Site.
- You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any part of My Site, the server on which My Site is stored, or any other server, computer, or database connected to My Site.
- You must not attack My Site by means of a denial of service attack, a distributed denial of service attack, or by any other means.
- By breaching the provisions of Parts 12.3 to 12.5, you may be committing a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. Any and all such breaches will be reported to the relevant law enforcement authorities and I will cooperate fully with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. Your right to use My Site will cease immediately in the event of such a breach.
- Acceptable Usage of Our Site
- You may only use My Site in a lawful manner:
- You must ensure that you comply fully with any and all local, national, or international laws and regulations that apply;
- You must not use My site in any way, or for any purpose, that is unlawful or fraudulent; and
- You must not use My Site to knowingly send, upload, or in any other way transmit data that contains any form of virus or other malware or any other code designed to adversely affect computer hardware, software, or data of any kind.
- If you fail to comply with the provisions of this Part 13, you will be in breach of these Terms and Conditions. I may take one or more of the following actions in response:
- Suspend or terminate your right to use My Site;
- Issue you with a written warning;
- Take legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of any and all relevant costs on an indemnity basis resulting from your breach;
- Take further legal action against you, as appropriate;
- Disclose such information to law enforcement authorities as required or as I deem reasonably necessary; and/or
- Any other actions which I deem reasonably appropriate (and lawful).
- I hereby exclude any and all liability arising out of any actions that I may take (including, but not limited to those set out above in Part 13.2) in response to your breach.
- You may only use My Site in a lawful manner:
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions, and the relationship between you and Me (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English law.
- If you are a consumer, you will benefit from any mandatory provisions of the law in your country of residence. Nothing in Part 15.1 takes away from or reduces your legal rights as a consumer.
- If you are a consumer, any dispute, controversy, proceedings, or claim between you and Me relating to these Terms and Conditions or to the relationship between you and Me (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England, Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland, as determined by your residency.
- If you are a business user, any dispute, controversy, proceedings, or claim between you and Me relating to these Terms and Conditions or to the relationship between you and Me (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.